Sunday, May 4, 2008

How Sweet It Is...

Motherhood brings on so many emotions, and your heart swells with love greater than you have ever known. This week I have dedicated to mothers: new mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers, soon-to-be mothers, and even mothers yet to be.

Today I am reminded of the joys of motherhood by how sweet it is...

  • To hold a sleeping baby on my shoulder and feel her sweet breath on your neck.
  • To receive a smile that melts my heart into a million tiny pieces.
  • To watch my husband cuddle up with our baby reading Goodnight Moon to her before bed.
  • To have every move I make watched (like a hawk) as I give my baby her bath or even just walk out of the room.
  • To check on my baby while she is sleeping and see her little arm up over her head just like I do when I sleep.
  • To pray over our baby as a family at the end of each day, it is like a glimpse of heaven
  • To see our baby discover new things every day. Whether it be rolling over, trying to crawl, a new picture or even a new face, her eyes light up with wonder.
  • To know that by going to work one or two nights a week, I am allowing Belle and her daddy to create an incredibly special lifelong relationship.
  • To see her eyes light up when she recognizes my face or voice.
Honestly I could go on and on, but I know that you all do not have all night. I did not know that a love like this was imaginable. The Lord teaches us so many amazing lessons through this love. May each mother that reads this today be blessed with the knowledge that the Lord chose them to raise these children. God could have sent his son to earth any way that he wanted to, but he chose to give His son a mother. Let us remember this week that we have been chosen!

Four generations: my mom, me, Belle inside me, and my grandmother


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalms 139:13

That picture is of Belle her first week - who knew preemies could have such chubby cheeks. In the words or our midwife, she has banana puddin' cheeks.

2 comments:

Three Scobeys said...

She did have "puddin' cheeks". I love her so much. That picture of the four of you is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts about Jesus's mother!