Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today was a day I have been looking forward to for quite some time. Last year this time Mark and I were desperate to be parents. I know that Mother's Day last year held many tears for the two of us. Little did we know that in just a few weeks we would find out we were having a baby! Isn't the Lord's timing incredible?

My day started out with Mark going to get Belle this morning when she woke up. It was a special treat not to have to get out of bed until after she was fed and happy. Mark and Belle brought me the sweetest card. We then all got busy getting ready for church.

At church we had our Parent Affirmation. All the babies from the past year are brought up to the front and then the parent's pledge to raise them in a Godly manner, and the church pledges to help us raise the children. I am not one of those people that really enjoy being in front of large groups of people. I have been having nightmares about it because they were doing it during the time that Belle normally eats. I could just imagine her screaming bloody murder while we were up there or even letting out a large toot. She did perfect and looked SO cute (Mark bought her a gorgeous white gown to wear).

After church we had a delicious lunch prepared by my parents. It was so yummy and fun to be around so much family. Mark and Belle made this adorable card for me. It was so sweet for Mark to do such special things for me. He also gave me four new charms for my Chamilia charm bracelet. We gave both our moms Chamilia charm bracelets with a mom/grandma charm and Belle's birthstone. I thought it would be something fun for the grandchildren to give new charms to them. My mom honored me by making a donation to Georgia Agape in my name. I was incredibly touched.

We came home and took a nap just the three of us, and then finished up our day with an incredible dinner at Mark's brother's house. Thank you so much to everyone who made this day so special, especially Mark! You made this a day I will never forget. I was honored to be able to celebrate this day.


The sweet card Mark and Belle made (with some help from my mom and Holli)

My gorgeous, sleepy girl

Can you tell we were tired since this is the best family picture we got?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

md said...

You look so beautiful Rach! It sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day! Miss you lots!!

Three Scobeys said...

I could'nt find the link to the letter Mark wrote you :( I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was thinking about you and I love you!