Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Three Months Old

I honestly cannot believe that I have a three month old. You always here people say how fast the time goes by. It is SO true. Every morning when I go to wake Belle up I see new changes in her. Sometimes it is like waking up to a new baby everyday!

It is incredibly amazing and hilarious at the same time watching Belle discover new things. In the past few weeks she has really found her tongue and hands. Not that they were missing at anytime, but they are now the object of her affection. There are many times throughout the day that I will look over and she has some how crammed her whole fist into her mouth. She'll stick just about anything in her mouth - your chin, ear, etc. She is very intent on trying to see her tongue. She tries so hard - she sticks her tongue out and crosses her eyes trying to see it. One of the easiest ways to make her laugh and smile is to stick out your own tongue out at her. If only we were so easily amused and entertained!

Belle has had several firsts this month. She took her first trip to Saint Simon's for Easter. This was very interesting. She did SO good in the car but had a difficult time adjusting to the new environment of the house there. She got her first cold and diaper rash. This had to happen while daddy was in London. Nothing like being single mommy for the week and having a sick baby.

She is still rolling tummy to back occasionally. This was so much easier for her when she was smaller and she gets very frustrated when she cannot get herself turned over. She has found other thing to interest her during tummy time. She likes to turn her body in circles -- she even does this in her sleep. She also has found a way to somewhat army crawl about 6 inches. That is scary to me because I think she is going to be an early crawler. What is very neat is seeing her start to recognize her name. If she is in a good mood and you say her name she will look right at you with a face like "what do you need?"

We cannot believe how fast she is growing. I know that she is still tiny compared to other babies, but to us she is huge. We are finally getting to put away some of the newborn clothes slowly and are wearing mainly 0-3 size. The problem is that a lot of it still swallows her whole but it is just to short. I cannot imagine all of the new things I will get to update on next month. They change so fast!

Happy 3 Month Birthday!

Look how big I am!

Ok Mom, I'll take that camera now please! Seriously, are we done with the pictures?

The fun of 0-3 month clothes is she can wear jeans now. So cute!

2 comments:

md said...

I can't believe she is 3 mos either! Time does go by so fast. It is so fun when they figure out how to do things! Enjoy all the firsts!! love ya

The Gernand Family said...

The picture with the jeans on is so stinking cute I can hardly contain myself...so much fun...