Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mommy Moment of the Week

After sharing with you all my hair bow story last week, I have decided that I will try to share a "Mommy Moment" each week. Sometimes I feel like new parents should be given an instruction manual or at least this kid should be returnable. You feel like you will royally mess everything up and that your child will need years of therapy. There are moments all day long where you just laugh out loud because you have no clue what you are doing. This week was probably one of the funniest moments I have had since becoming a parent.


Belle has loved to play under her Baby Einstein Activity Gym since she was even a newborn. She will play for a long time and just have such a blast. Lately, I have noticed that she has become somewhat bored with this. She still enjoys it, but she gets upset sooner into playtime than usual. I decided it was time to bring out a bigger toy since she is 3 months old now. I did my research to decide if she was ready for her jumperoo or her exersaucer. I decided that she was ready for the jumperoo because the requirement was to be able to hold her head up. She can do that very, very well. The exersaucer required her to sit without support - we are not ready for that yet.



Yesterday, I lugged the jumperoo box downstairs and during her nap time I worked to put it together. I was so proud that I had assembled it by myself. I could just tell that Belle was going to have so much fun with all the colors and toys. When she woke up from her nap and was fed and happy I went ahead and put her into the jumperoo. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Please scroll slowly to get the full idea of why I was laughing.

This is what she should look like:

This is what Belle looked like:

The picture does not even do justice to how funny it was. It was this huge toy with just a head bobbing about. I had it on the lowest setting and her legs were a good 6 inches from the floor. She couldn't even reach her arms out of the seat to touch the toys. Needless to say it will be awhile before we are playing in the jumperoo.

1 comment:

md said...

That is too cute!!