Thursday, April 24, 2008

And the Little One Said... Roll Over, Roll Over

Belle started rolling over tummy to back at about 3 weeks. This early development was primarily due to how teeny, tiny she was at the time. As Belle began to put on more weight, she has a hard time getting herself over. You can tell she knows what to do to get there but just can't get the right push off.

Monday night while I was at work, she rolled over back to tummy while she was playing with Mark. I was sad to miss this new event. I thought maybe it was a coincidence that she had rolled over because she is still a little young for this skill. I have been watching her all week to see if she would do it again. She tried so hard by lifting those legs up and rocking back and forth on her tiny tush. Finally tonight she did it again for me - twice. She is also trying very hard to crawl. I hope we still have a few months before this, but she can pull herself across her blanket about a foot. She also pushes off of her boppy during tummy time and onto the floor.

I know what you all really want to see is pictures...


Sweet baby playing with her grandparents while I was at work

I got 4 inches cut off of my hair today. That is how I spell relief. It had gotten to a seriously ugly place. Of course how fun is a hair cut when your child is fussy and ends up sitting in your lap for the whole thing (she eventually fell asleep to the sound of the hairdryer).

She already has daddy wrapped around that little finger.