Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mommy Moment of the Week

I guess I should preface this and say that this is not really a mommy moment but a Rachel moment. As my close family and friends can attest I am a very klutzy person. I somehow manage to end up in "interesting" situations from time to time. As I was growing up I didn't have a big problem with falling down the stairs.... no, my big problem was falling UP the stairs. I have been known to be walking down the street and talking to friends and walk straight into a street sign pole. Yeah, that leaves a pretty good mark. I am sure that my family could enlighten you as to many more of these "experiences". Most people would be embarrassed, but I have learned to laugh.

Last night though may top all of my situations I have gotten myself into. After a long, hectic night at work I was extremely glad when 11:23 rolled around and I got to clock out and come home. I was so happy walking out to my car thinking about getting to come home and see Mark and my precious sleeping baby. The happiness lasted only so long. I came upon my car and discovered that the Altima next to me had parked in such a way that I could not get in my driver's side door. I know that the hospital I work at has small parking spaces, but come on folks! When you park crooked in an already small parking space it can cause problems for other cars. I was SO angry! I walked around to the passenger side door to unlock it and crawl through, only to realize that there is no key hole on that side. I shimmied between my car and the other car and unlocked my door and all the other doors. I then walked back to the other side to crawl through. In the process of crawling through to the driver's side I managed to get stuck.

Yeah, you heard me right I got stuck in my car. When you are short you have to sit a little closer to the steering wheel and I had no space to get my legs under the steering wheel. I was on the phone with Mark and was in full panic mode. All the doors were closed and it was getting hot inside the car and I could not reach the seat lever to scoot the seat back. I finally managed to get my legs unstuck and swing them over the top of the steering wheel. I am sure it was quite a sight for anyone that was in the parking garage last night.

Dear Mr. Altima Driver,
Please notice your proximity to other cars when you park next time. I am sure your wife was in labor and you were in a hurry (at least that is what I am going to pretend was happening). I am still sore this morning due to your inability to park in between to straight lines.

P.S. This is not the first time that someone has parked next to me where I could not get in. The first time was when I was 30 weeks pregnant.
What is a post without a cute picture?

No comments: