Monday, April 7, 2008

I'd Be Fussing Too!

We dress Belle very girly. There is not a day that this child doesn't see the color pink. Yeah I know her walls are pink, but she also sees quite a bit in her wardrobe. I believe Belle also has very girly features. Everything about her face is very dainty and delicate. So do you see where this is going yet?

The past few times I have taken Belle out in public to church or even the grocery store people have asked me "is it a boy or a girl?" Mind you her outfit has been pink every time and one of the times she had bows all down the front of her outfit. If she has been in her car seat when people asked this, she usually has a pink blanket over her feet. Are people blind? I am too nice and say yes SHE is a girl. What I really want to say are things like: What do you think? or It is a boy, but I really wanted a girl. I decided that it was time for Belle to have some bows - hopefully people are smart enough to figure out that bow = girl. That may be expecting a little too much of people though.


I am loving the bows. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and I wore bows all the time. Even when I was playing hard with my brothers I still had a big ol' bow in my hair - even if it was hanging on by a single strand. Belle looks so cute in her bows too.


The other day we were driving home from meeting Mark at his office for lunch. Belle was fussing and fussing in the car. She hardly ever fusses like that when you are driving. Sometimes she will fuss when the car is stopped at a red light or if her hand gets stuck under the strap. So, I am driving along and she is just fussing lots. I know she is well fed and so I am thinking her hand is probably stuck. We weren't far from home so I just kept on driving. Eventually she settled down and by the time we pulled in our drive way she was sound asleep. When I went to get her out of the car, I had a much better understanding of her fussing...
Yeah, I'd Be Fussing Too!


I have been waiting and waiting for this onesie to fit Belle -- it still swallows her whole (I had to tuck it all around her for the picture) but we are definitely getting closer to those 3 month clothes.

Belle asked me to make sure and post this picture so her daddy knows how much she misses him.

Sorry, I wasn't able to get any videos posted. If anyone is good at posting videos please tell me what is the easiest way to post them.

4 comments:

md said...

I love that pic of her headband over her eyes. That is too funny, I would be fussing too. What a great pic!

Sarah said...

I love the fact that you took a picture of it before taking the bow off her eyes!

I really enjoyed lunch with you and Belle today.

Anonymous said...

Pic #1 is HILARIOUS! Poor thing!! Natalie has had her bow attack her face, too. I also love Pic #2 w/ the adorable onesie!

The Gernand Family said...

LOVE your blog!! So glad we can keep up this way! Belle is SO cute. I love the bow in her eyes picture. I can't believe people ask what gender she is...too bad there isn't some male equivalent to bows to make sure people know BBG isn't a girl. Seriously though, she is the dantiest, most feminine little baby I think I've ever seen...you always have her dressed so cute and girly too. :D Thanks for the comment about the fluid, very good to know!!!