Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Party Number Two

This party was the BIG one, the one that I had been planning for months. I don't know why but I get excited about this kind of stuff. Months ago I had decided on the theme of cupcakes. Whenever something "cupcake" caught my eye (that was affordable) I stockpiled it in a birthday box. I found tons of cute stickers, ideas, papers, etc. We had about 30 close family and friends over for lunch at my parents after church Sunday, the 18th. It was such a fun group of people, and I wanted to be able to honor their participation in Belle's first year of life. Each and every one of them played an important role in getting to this day. They were all there for us while we were trying to get pregnant, through Belle's early arrival, offering comfort during Belle's colic, and sharing with us in the joy if watching our beautiful, sweet girl blossom into the one-year old she is today.

We had a lunch that consisted of turkey and cornbread sandwiches with jalapeno jelly, ham and homemade yeast rolls with honey mustard, pimento cheese on wheat sandwich squares, potato salad, fruit salad, tea, pink lemonade punch, and lots of yummy desserts. I wish I had gotten a picture of the spread of food, but it was a true "southern" luncheon.

Picture of the dessert table. We had little bowls full of different pink candies. I saw many little and big hands sneaking some throughout the day!
Milk chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing.

I had planned on making cookie bouquets for each person to take home a cookie on a stick. This idea failed miserably, so some Lofthouse cookies made great party favors at last minute. Wrapped in cellophane with pink grosgrain ribbon and a sweet thank you note sticker on the back made them a fun treat for all to take home.


The CAKE! It was sour cream pound cake with buttercream icing. The top of the cupcake and the dots are out of pink fondant accented with pearl dust.

The next two pictures are of the flower decorations I made to spruce up some of the tables in the basement.
Every month we have taken a picture of Belle with her Rageddy Ann doll. I printed them out (via Wolf Camera) and made a cute hanging banner for the mantel to show how much Belle has grown the last year. This was my easiest and favorite project. I am thinking of taking the ribbon off and having it framed for her room.
Just a little more cake smashing.... unless you haven't seen enough. We have really created quite the icing junkie. She LOVES it.



Look at that sweet girls face while opening presents. This is her new surprise/excited face. She makes it especially for bubbles!
This party was so much fun to plan. We had such a fun day and wouldn't have changed one thing about the day. I don't even want to start thinking about birthday number two.



post signature


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I so hate that we missed it! The decorations and food look amazing (well, I know the cupcakes were!).

I LOVE Belle's "surprised" look.