Friday, January 23, 2009

Birthday Party Number One

We decided to have two birthday parties for Miss Belle. We had the grandparents and great grandparents over on her actual birthday for spaghetti and cake smashing. It was really nice to have something low key before the BIG party. We have a Bailey Boys outlet store near the beach house in St. Simon's, and I had been really wanting their birthday outfit. Mark's mom bought it for Belle for Christmas. It was too cute on her and I think big enough to maybe fit her next year as well.

Baby girl dressed up in her birthday outfit.

SO happy it is her birthday!

Very first spaghetti dinner.

Needless to say she loved it. She actually ate it double-fisted.

Nothing like an orange face and hands - too cute.

The aftermath

First smash cake.

It definitely took her a little while to decide if she wanted to eat this. Once she got a taste of the icing she went wild.

The funny thing was that while she loved and I mean loved the icing, she would spit out the cake.
I guess I have created an icing junkie.
She decided she was over it at this point, and proceeded to run laps around our living room stopping only to dance at her laugh and learn table.
Up next... The BIG birthday party!

post signature


1 comment:

md said...

Too cute! I love the messy pictures. She is so cute. I can't believe she is already a year old?!