Monday, January 5, 2009

Projects

The decorations are packed up and the celebration has died down... at least for now. I am trying to play blogger catch up. I will be posting several new posts throughout the evening so check back!


Now that I have my sewing machine I was able to complete some really cute projects for Christmas gifts. I made lovey blankets for each of the nieces and nephews and gave them a goodnight book to go with them. I still have learning to do, but I was overall very pleased with how they turned out. They are 15" x 15" which is such a great size.


I made this adorable blue and brown blanket for Jake. The print is a soft cotton fabric and the other side is a blue minky fabric. In the future I think I would order a brown minky since the blues are a tad different but I love how cute the big dots look!


I made this for Ella Grace. I saved some of this fabric because I think it will be precious for a summer dress for Belle.

This combination was for Mallory. The pink doesn't show up well in the picture but it was a soft cherry pink which contrasted so nicely with the white minky. I made a blanket for Hudson (my brother-in-laws soon to be born baby) and it was the same print except in taupe and white.

I would love to start selling these so let me know if you have any interest! I can also use the fabrics to make coordinating burp cloths.
My mom has always loved the frames I made for the twins and Ella Grace's nursery. She has begged me for years to paint this above a doorway in her house. That was a bit to permanent for me, so I painted her this frame as a BIG surprise. We made the picture hole bigger so that it could accommodate all the new family!





post signature

1 comment:

md said...

I love the projects! You are so crafty. The frame is beautiful I know your mom will love that. And the blankets are so cute too! I can't wait to see all the fun you will have w/your new machine!