Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dear Anonymous

Dear "Anonymous",

When you decide that you need to attack someone else's character, don't be a coward and comment anonymously. If you feel you have the authority to make the accusations you did against me and my family, by all means be loud and proud.

I am not writing this as an apology to you (obviously). I have gone and tried to find what comment you are referring to that made you accuse me of being racist. You are free to ask any of my family, friends, or colleagues and they would verify that I would never make a comment that would construed as racist. If you would like to take the time and send me a private message, via facebook, as to what you specifically thought was racist, I will gladly address it with you.

You also said: that last time you checked I wasn't "wealthy". I have never claimed to be wealthy and I don't consider my families financial situation any of your business. I don't know where you got the idea that you had enough knowledge of us that you could say something like that. I consider ourselves fortunate that we have been very blessed in life. The only time I would tell someone I am wealthy is in reference to the fact that I have a God that I serve, a husband who loves me and wants to help me get to heaven, a precious baby girl who has changed my heart forever, an incredibly loving family, a circle of priceless friends who support us in many ways, and the list could go on and on. Those are the times I would claim to be "wealthy".

To address the last portion of your comment. Its a shame to be raising a child in such an ignorant household. That was low and hurtful. If that is what you intended, congratulations please send your address where I can write the thank you note. We intend to raise our child to first and foremost love the Lord fearlessly and in that way live a life of integrity. Since you have made your choice marks completely lacking integrity how about you leave the opinions on how I am parenting up to God and me.

I will choose to pray specifically for you this week. Your heart must be very hard to hurt and tear down my family. I know that deep down you are not proud of the things you have said because otherwise you would have put your name next to it. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to contact me on Facebook personally. I would like to see you stop being such a coward and live up to the choice you made to tear other people down.

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My response:
http://marktomarket.typepad.com/marktomarket/2008/11/to-whom-it-may-concern.html

The Gernand Family said...

This is so sad that you had to write this. I had a very hateful comment on my old blog (the one about Tim being gone to Iraq) that was from an anonymous poster as well. What could compel a person, based on mere differences of political persuasion, to leave hateful messages on a sweet mommy's (or hurting wife's) blog is beyond me. I certainly know I would never do such a thing to someone who didn't share my conservative values.

Three Scobeys said...

Well, you are right when you said that your family and friends, who know you, could vouch that you are none of the things that this person accused you of being. I am so sorry that, whoever this moron is, he or she chose to take their anger out on you this week. I love you!