Monday, August 4, 2008

Attention, Attention, Read All About It

Since I posted such a cute video of little Belle yesterday, I thought I would post something a little more serious today. I want to let all you moms out there in on a little secret I discovered this weekend. When we were registering for Belle's arrival we selected a set of bottles that we had heard rave reviews about. After using them for a few weeks we started hearing all the scary news about BPA in bottles. I waited and waited and dear Dr. Browns finally started making a BPA free plastic bottle. I put myself immediately on the waiting list, and a month later I was the proud owner of some safer plastic.
Unfortunately, this left me with 12 bottles sitting around that I would not be using ever again. That is where my little discovery comes in to play. Babies R Us will exchange BPA free bottles with the bottles you have at home (that are proud members of the unsafe plastic family). You do not have to have a receipt. The only requirements is that Babies R Us sell that brand of bottle, they must be clean, and all parts must be present. They will do an even exchange within the same brand, or you can exchange for a different brand and pay the difference. This means if you had Avent bottles and hated them (since they leak like crazy) you could exchange for Dr. Browns or Born Free and only pay the difference. They are not advertising this and there is no end date yet. Even if your baby is off bottles now go ahead and exchange because you can have the safe bottles for the next baby. So go forth and exchange!


post signature

No comments: