Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Army of One

***UPDATED with video***

Belle has recently been going through the rigors of boot camp. She is trying desperately to demonstrate herself as Private Belle, Army of One. Her first newly acquired boot camp skill is: army crawling. Today I was reading while we were playing on the floor and she really wanted my book. Every time I pushed it a little bit away she would army crawl right to it. She got about five feet before looking up at me like "could you just let me have the book". She gets pretty frustrated and so I have a feeling that any day now she will be really "on the move".

This was taken from today. Please excuse the outift, Belle's jeans were in the dryer afer a water incident.


Private Belle has a second boot camp skill. She is practicing covert operations. Shall we demonstrate.


My how much larger your bottom has become Belle!
I mean seriously child, do you have a "growth"?
Oh, I see you are trying to smuggle your ducky into your crib via your jammies.
After Belle's bath, she tends to be a little fussy through getting dried off and dressed. Mark is the dryer and dresser and we give her various toys or paci's to keep her entertained while he carries out her duties. After Mark had snapped her up, I heard him dying laughing in her bathroom. Somehow he had snapped her ducky up in her jammies with her. We were literally rolling we were both laughing so hard! This precious little girl will always keep us on our toes, and our house will surely be anything but dull!

P.S. Mark notified me later that this was not the first time Belle had gotten a toy/paci snapped up in her jammies with him! :)

post signature

2 comments:

md said...

That is absolutely hysterical. I am sure you both were laughing so hard. I love fun parenting stories :) By the way you should be getting something from Caleb in the mail soon. love ya

Alli said...

I love the video - she has gotten so big! And the duck in the jammies is priceless. Kiss her for me!