Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sick Little Girl

Unfortunately, sweet Belle has come down with the stomach virus again. Tuesday night we were up all hours with her sick and we went into the doctor on Wednesday. Thankfully she has held down little bits of food since last night. The hard thing is I need her to fill back up on those fluids and drink, drink, drink. She thinks this idea is less than stellar and we have a major meltdown anytime the idea of fluids is presented. If any of you have tips they would be greatly appreciated. We have already tried Popsicles, Gatorade, pedialyte, juice, ice chips, feeding with a syringe, etc. As soon as she wakes from her nap we are going to try getting a juice slushy from Sonic.
Please pray that we can get her to drink and she will be on the mend quickly. We are supposed to leave on Saturday to spend Mother's Day in St. Simon's but I don't see that happening right now. I am trying to be positive but I get down so easily when I see her hurting and so lethargic. I guess it is the nurse in me that has an innate desire to make it "all better".
Stay tuned as an update from my Motivation by Humiliation will come tomorrow or Saturday!


post signature

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok, I feel partially responsible. It seems as though every time I come to your house, the next day Belle comes down with a stomach virus...even though I'm not sick. I think I'm a jinx.

Hope she gets better. Layla sends her open-mouth puppy kisses. LOL

Hang in there. ;-)