Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Weekend

What a great weekend! It started with getting to come home early from work on Friday (thanks Bonnelle)! It was so sweet coming up the stares and see Belle so surprised to see me. She was absolutely ecstatic, and that was worth taking four hours off of my shift. Normally I get home around midnight when Belle has already been asleep for a good while. It was nice to be able to be home with the family and get her all ready for bed.

On Saturday, we woke up and Mark got us Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuits for breakfast. I gave Belle part of my biscuit and as a true Southern girl it was love a first...bite. We then played for a good bit and got ready for the day.

Belle looked precious in her Valentine's sweater and red patent mary janes.
Belle and her daddy.

Mark watched Belle that afternoon so that my mom and I could go see Confessions of a Shopaholic. We had read each of the four books and were anticipating this movie. Usually movies based on a book aren't nearly as good as the book, but this movie did not disappoint. We laughed and laughed. After the movie, we took in a little shopping at the Avenue Forsyth. I discovered a favorite store: Francesca's Collection. I have always looked at their website and loved there clothes and affordable prices. The store was even better, and I picked up a cute outfit for this spring (just need some shoes to match)!
Belle got a new talking tea set for her Valentine's present.

The picture says it all.... she LOVED it!



We usually play it low key on Valentine's Day. We ordered pizza and I made salads with homemade Caesar dressing. We kicked back and watched a movie after Belle went to sleep, and just enjoyed a nice relaxing evening. Last night, Mark and I went to a nice dinner at Killer Creek. We like to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days before or after because all the restaurant hustle bustle is not my style. It was nice to dress up and eat a nice filet with Bearnaise sauce. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend with my two loves!

I just had to share this picture of Belle and Mark a few weeks ago before church. I loved her outfit that day, and she truly looked like a toddler.



post signature

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Precious. I LOVE the picture of her and her tea set.

Glad you guys had a good Valentine's weekend!

Anonymous said...

Belle is such a doll! Any chance of you making a trip to Dallas this Spring or Summer?