Monday, June 2, 2008

Rules are as follows:
Link to the person who tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Write six random things about yourself
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog
Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


1. I never set out to be a labor and delivery nurse. I went into nursing school with a passion for neonatology. In fact I contemplated going to med school to become a neonatologist, but after seeing that it required years and years of residency I decided it wasn't worth it. When it came time to pick our practicum for nursing school (like student teaching) they didn't allow you to do your practicum in the NICU. I had a bad experience in pediatrics clinical, and so I thought L&D would be the next best thing to the NICU. I absolutely fell in love with L&D for many reasons. I had a practicum instructor who was relatively young and had such a passion for L&D. In fact she just finished going back to school to become a midwife. I also fell in love with it for Northside. We are also such an incredibly busy and challenging L&D unit (18,000+ babies per year). Now that I have been doing this for 2.5 years I don't see how I could ever find another area I loved so much.



2. When I graduated from college, Mark and I were completely set to move to Washington, DC. We had scouted out apartments, jobs, churches, etc. When it came down time to decide, we felt like we were trying to put together pieces of a mismatched puzzle. It just didn't make sense to us spiritually and financially. I won't say that we don't have days we wonder "what if" but overall we are happy to be living in Atlanta. Maybe one day down the road we will relocate, but for now this works.



3. The first time that Mark asked me on a date I thought it was a joke. I had just graduated high school and Mark had been in college for two years. In my eyes at the time, he was way out of my league. Our parents were friends and so when he asked me to lunch I thought his parents had put him up to it. I never responded and after 6 months of emails, text messages, long instant message conversations, and phone calls I finally realized it was no joke.



4. Whenever I laugh too hard my thumbs go numb. I would love to know why this happens, but I just can't see myself going to the doctor and asking them "do you know why my thumbs go numb when I laugh too hard?". I am sure I would gets some great laughs or hey, even be written up in those lovely medical journals. I think my favorite numb-thumb story is when Mark, Justin, Allison, and I were playing pool and we all were laughing about something while I was trying to take my shot. The pool cue just rolled right out of my hands and onto the floor. This made us laugh even harder. It has become quite a family joke. Whenever we are in hysterics everyone holds there thumbs and asks me how my thumbs are doing.

5. I hate seafood and I have absolutely no clue why. I can't even remember when it started. I am not one of those people who has a legitimate allergy, I just don't like it. I have been paid $50 in the past to try it. I have tried it and it doesn't even taste bad to me. I think when it comes down to it that I have some sort of complex about large bodies of water. I don't really like to even get in the ocean. I don't like the thought of those fishies swimming next to me, so I guess eating them doesn't sound much better.

6. My lifelong dream is to own my own bakery. I love baking and would do it all day long if I had the time and the extra 50 lbs. to gain. I already have a color scheme and different name ideas for the bakery. I think this might be a family gene or something since my mom's cousin owns a fabulous bakery/restaurant in Nashville called the Puffy Muffin. Maybe someday I can have the money and time to accomplish this, but for now I will just dream!

I tag: Allison, Ashley, Graham, Keri, Missy, and Sarah - yep in alphabetical order too!

6 comments:

The Gernand Family said...

Mine's up! I love the new pics! The floppy hat and sunglasses are priceless!!

md said...

That was fun to read! I didn't know that about you wanting to own a bakery, that would be so neat!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I can imagine you as a bakery owner. I still remember the fabulous Cookie Exchange at Christmas-time. Yum!

md said...

Check out my post!

Sarah said...

Okay, so far I have 3 random things about myself. It might take all weekend to come up with 3 more...thus taking away the "randomness". I'll let you know when it's up, though...just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you! ;-)

Alli said...

Mine's up now. The bakery sounds like so much fun. I would definitely be your business partner if we could agree on a city to live in! :)